We’ve officially entered holiday-shipping-panic season, the period less than 10 days from Christmas when we suddenly realize we’ve been attacked once again on the 25th. If you’re strategic, though, your packages can (probably) still reach their final destination before the big event. Here are some dates to keep in mind, depending on whether you’re sending a package via USPS, UPS, FedEx, or if you’re ordering online from a major retailer.
One important thing to note: December 24th is a Saturday, so all mail services will not be Available at that day; If it comes to delivery “business days” for you to set your deadline, the 24th won’t count as one.
2022 holiday shipping deadlines for USPS, UPS and FedEx
If you’re using the post office to send your gifts, these are the last dates to mark on your calendar so that your gifts arrive by December 24:
USPS 2022 Holiday Shipping Deadline
- Ships by Dec 17 with Retail Ground
- Ship with First Class Mail by December 17
- Ship with Priority Mail Service by December 19
- Ship by December 23 with Priority Mail Express Service
UPS 2022 Holiday Shipping Deadline
- Send by regular mail on or before 19 December
- Ships by Dec 20 with UPS 3 Day Select
- Ship by Dec 21 with UPS 2nd Day Shipping
- Ships by Dec 22 with UPS Next Day Air
FedEx 2022 Holiday Shipping Deadline
- Ship by Dec 20 with FedEx Express Saver
- Ships by Dec 21 with FedEx 2Day and 2Day AM
- Ships same day with FedEx by Dec 23
2022 Amazon Holiday Shipping Deadline
- Shop with same-day delivery on Dec. 24: To use this service, you must be an Amazon Prime member, live in an eligible zip code (or your gift recipient must be), and even then, only certain items are eligible. There is also a minimum amount of eligible items in your cart that must be met to trigger the same-day delivery service, which amazon says The minimum is $25 in some cities, or by paying a $2.99 fee.
- Purchase by December 23 with one-day delivery: You must also be a Prime member and eligible for product service, but there’s no minimum purchase requirement.
- Purchases by December 22 with Two-Day Delivery: Same requirements as One-Day Delivery.
2022 Best Buy Holiday Shipping Deadline
- Shop December 24 with same day delivery: You must be a subscriber Best Buy’s TotalTech Program For this service if you want it for free; Otherwise, you must place a $35 minimum order and arrive before 2 PM local time. Only certain zip codes are eligible for this service.
- Free next day delivery (available for select items) with purchases through Dec 23.
- Shop December 21 with regular delivery for large items (there are exceptions, but dates will be shown at checkout window).
2022 Walmart Holiday Shipping Deadline
Walmart hasn’t announced any specific dates for its 2022 holiday shipping deadline, but in years past, they’ve offered in-store pickup until December 24. This means you’ll want to place your order by December 23rd at the latest. They have fast-shipping options for Walmart Plus customers with their free next-day and two-day shipping that doesn’t require a minimum order. However, keep an eye on whether Walmart or a third party is shipping the item, as this will affect the timing.
Target 2022 holiday shipping time frame
Target hasn’t even shared its 2022-specific holiday shipping time frame, but they have a clear set of shipping policies: If you’re a Target RedCard Credit Card Holder, you can get free two-day shipping on many products online. Be sure to order those items by December 21 to reach the December 24 deadline. Like Walmart, check whether Target or a third-party is shipping the product — that will impact delivery times.
Most orders over $35 will receive free two-day shipping, depending on your zip code, even if you’re a RedCard member. Target also has same-day delivery, a service called Shipt, which offers unlimited delivery on orders over $35 at a cost of $99 per year, but requires you to subscribe to the service. They also offer same-day shipping on a per-order basis through Target’s site for non-members. Target will also have some orders ready for pickup in two hours—as long as they’re in stock.